The ICSC Foundation Legacy Society
The ICSC Foundation Legacy Society honors individuals who make a decision to strengthen the next generation of retail real estate professionals and the industry by providing future support to the ICSC
Foundation through a planned gift. The ICSC Foundation Legacy Society recognizes donors who have expressed their forward-thinking commitment to ICSC through this very personal and important form of financial support.
Why join the ICSC Foundation Legacy Society?
This is an opportunity to imprint your legacy on the industry, with ICSC and its foundation. Your donation advances these programs:
- Funding scholarships for students entering the industry and professionals learning in the industry worldwide
- Acknowledging and rewarding the community outreach of shopping centers, while providing grants to partnering charities.
The benefits of giving
Gifts made through estate plans may offer benefits such as:
- Reduction in estate taxes
- Reduction in income taxes
- Reduction or elimination of capital gains tax
- Increased lifetime income
- The philanthropic return of providing a gift to support future generations
In addition to the personal satisfaction that comes from supporting the ICSC Foundation’s important work, you will also:
- Receive personal reward and satisfaction for taking this step and knowing your industry will thrive
- Help define the future through scholarships, education and community outreach
- Receive a certificate of membership in the ICSC Foundation Legacy Society
How to give
The best way to give is to make a written pledge. This can be a letter written in your own words and sent to the ICSC Foundation along with a Declaration of Intent. It is then your responsibility to set your affairs in order so that your pledge will be fulfilled.
Types of planned gifts the ICSC Foundation accepts
A simple planned gift through an individuals’ estate. These include a bequest through a will, all or part of an existing life insurance policy, proceeds from a retirement plan or an irrevocable gift.
Recognition you will receive from the ICSC Foundation
The Legacy Society is a way for the ICSC Foundation to thank and recognize donors, during their lifetime, for providing future gifts. While recognition and thanks are among the most important benefits, we know that many individuals prefer to keep their future gifts confidential. You may choose to have your name listed in the roster of Legacy Society members or you may choose to be an anonymous member. However, participation in the Legacy Society can be an inspirational experience and may encourage others to look towards the future and how they too may have an enduring impact on the industry they care about. With your permission:
- You will be listed in the annual report
- You will be listed on the ICSC website
- You will receive a ribbon signifying your status at ICSC events
Your membership involves no dues, obligations or solicitations, but it does allow us to thank you and recognize you for the plans you have made and inspire generosity in others.
Join our founding donor class
Individuals who join our founding donor class will be acknowledged in perpetuity on the ICSC Foundation web site. We will pay tribute to this inaugural class of dedicated donors at an ICSC event yet to be determined.
You can feel confident about your planned gift to ICSC
ICSC was founded in 1950 and the ICSC Foundation was founded in 1988 to support the mission of ICSC through scholarships and community outreach. Both ICSC and the Foundation have a long and proud history and a track record of success at educating and advancing our industry. Both organizations have sound operating budgets and financial reserves and are organizationally stable with industry leading Board leadership. The financial integrity of both organizations should make you feel confident about your gift.
Questions? Contact Valerie J. Cammiso at +1 646 728 3559 or email@example.com.
See the full document regarding ICSC Foundation Legacy gifts.