International Council of Shopping Centers Announces Winners of the 2017 Solal Marketing Awards
Publish Date: 09 June 2017
VIENNA, 9 June 2017 – The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) announced the winners of the 2017 Solal Marketing Awards, honouring creative and innovative marketing campaigns across Europe and South Africa. The awards, held immediately following ICSC’s European Marketing Conference, recognised twenty-nine marketing campaigns in eight different categories for their problem-solving and imaginative marketing initiatives.
The Solal Marketing Awards includes the Foundation Community Support Award which encourages and recognises outstanding community support and corporate social responsibility campaigns.
ICSC also awarded shopping centres across the following categories:
- Brand Awareness & (Re) Positioning
- Emerging Technology
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Customer Services
- Footfall Activation
- Grand Opening/Expansion/ Refurbishment
- Sales Activation
The 2017 Solal Award winners
ICSC Foundation Community Support Award:
- ‘Mandela Day Mosaic,’ Canal Walk Shopping Centre, Cape Town, South Africa.
Brand Awareness & (Re) Positioning
- Gold: ‘In Posnania Campaign’ Posnani Shopping & Lifestyle Centre, Poznań, Poland.
- Gold/Special Distinctions, Budget under 10K: ‘Mannequin Challenge,’ Market Place Shopping Centre, Bolton, United Kingdom.
- Silver: ‘M1DANCEBATTLE,’ M1 Shopping Centres, Poland.
- Silver: ‘Crystal Camera Short Film Contest,’ Marmara Forum, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Silver: ‘Feast on the Sky,’ Mavibahçe Shopping Center, Iizmir, Turkey.
- Silver: ‘Happy Ever After,’ Rødovre Centrum, Rødovre, Denmark.
Business to Business:
- Gold: ‘Sparks of Istanbul,’ Mall of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Silver: ‘Mall Activation Platform,’ Sonae Sierra, Lisbon. Portugal.
- Silver: ‘Foodtopia – The Perfect Place for Food,’ MyZeil, Frankfurt, Germany.
Corporate Social Responsibility:
- Gold: ‘Ten Thousand Warm Hearts,’ Forum Bornova, Izmir, Turkey.
- Silver: ‘The Space of Time/ ‘Espai Del Temps,’’ Espai Gironès, Salt, Spain.
- Silver: ‘Residence of Father Frost,’ MEGA Ekaterinburg, Ekaterinburg, Russian Federation.
- Silver: ‘FabLab: Be Fab!’ Pieter Van Aelst Shopping Center, Aalst, Belgium.
- Gold: ‘Mavi’s Place – Pet Drop Off Point,’ Forum Bornova , Izmir, Turkey.
- Silver: ‘Kings Club: A Refined Place Inspired by Gentlemen,’ Akmerkez, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Silver: ‘Cresta Magic – Customer Service,’ Cresta Shopping Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Gold: ‘Digital Market Intelligence,’ CBRE Spain, Madrid Spain.
- Silver/Special Distinction, Innovation: ‘Consumer Knowledge Model,’ Sierra Portugal, S.A., Lisbon, Portugal.
- Silver: ‘Chatbot,’ ÁRKÁD Budapest, Budapest, Hungary.
- Silver: ‘Rødovre Centrum Live,’ Rødovre Centrum, Rødovre, Denmark.
- Gold: ‘Zorlu Center Emoji Event,’ Zorlu Center, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Silver: ‘Baba Yega,’ K in Kortrijk, Kortijk, Belgium.
- Silver: ‘50 Years of Fairytales,’ Rødovre Centrum, Rødovre, Denmark.
Grand Opening / Expansion / Refurbishment
- Gold: ‘Posnania Grand Opening,’ Posnania Shopping & Lifestyle Centre, Poznań, Poland.
- Silver: ‘Tasty Boulevard Grand Opening,’ MEGA Teply Stan, Moscow, Russian Federation.
- Gold: ‘WeBubble V2,’ Kanyon Shopping Center, Istabul, Turkey.
- Silver: ‘Forum Helping Youth to Stay Connected!’ Forum Erzurum, Forum Istabul and Marmara Forum, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Silver: ‘Show your ID, Get your Discount,’ Forum Erzurum, Erzurum, Turkey.
Relive the highlights via our slideshow: